Saturday, May 9, 2009

On the penalty kill again

Thats exactly how I feel.... we are one member short on our family bench this week. Amber just got back from her week long "Exploring New Horizons" camp and Drew leaves tomorrow on his Yosemite camping trip with his 6th grade class. We literally unloaded Ambers gear from my truck, shook out the sleeping bag, unloaded the clothes out of backpack and but Dmans in!

Amber had a blast at camp. She has been telling us all about it nonstop since she got off the bus. The best story thus far:
Mom: Did you kiss the banana slug?
Amber: Yah
Kids: eeuuww
Amber: Well it was either kiss it or lick a tree.....so I did both !!!
Thats my girl!! The other highlight was skit night. Where her group did a music video to " I kissed a slug and I liked it- hope my natuarlist dont mind it "
I missed her terrribly- it was the longest week ever. And know I get to start another one. Dman leaves on mothers day and will be home on wednesday. He has his 2 best buds in his cabin with him, so I am sure he will have a blast. I just hope that I will survive !!

2 comments:

scrumches bunches said...

More tugs on the mommy heart strings, its fun watching them grow up but just not so fast. I was just at AJ's for junior prom pics with Trey and Jackie, it's hard to beleive that the are almost done with high school.

Katrice Phipps said...

It's so hard, I know. They are growing up so fast!!!