Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School




Well its finally here.... the first day of school. summer is offically over. It hasn't been toexciting but it was relaxing. Dman is the big man on campus- 5th grader- he went in as casually and calmly as ever. Nothing phases him. Amber was up and feeding the dog by 7am and was giggling with excitement the whole way there. Tyson was just as excited. I have been plesantly surprised that I made it throught the "kissing hand " last night and the leaving him in class today without any tears!!! Maybe because its my third time doing it- or its just Tyson, he is way to cool for tears. He came home with his classroom bookbag and a bag of goodies from his teacher. Amber came home with a reading assignment that of course she did the second she walked in the door. And Dman only had a paper for me to sign that I agree to the " NO" late homework policy. This should go over REAL well this year. He is excited to " rotate" tomorrow. They to that to get them prepared for middle school. So he will meet all 3 of his core teachers tomorrow. The year has started. We only had hockey practice on mondays so tonight is a light one. Dinner is in the crock and we are ready to go.................

3 comments:

Bradford Bunch said...

I almost cried when I saw Tyson with his glasses on signing into his class, He looked so different than the Ty I am used to.

Aub said...

Cute blog! Glad that you finally gave in. The pictures of the kids at the beach are great and I love Tyson with his glasses. Glad everyone had a good first day at school. I'm sure Ava can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive that Tyson is in school already. It makes me sad!! It's good though