Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Family Home Evening on Wednesday night




Drew called me this afternoon and asked if the kids and I could meet him at the temple and bring a picinic dinner. What a great idea that was. We were able to walk the grounds and go through the visitors center. We were all excited to see the Book of Mormon that was on display. It is a copy of one of these first ones. The kids were very interested in learning and were on their best behavior. We enjoyed our picinic dinner in my car and then headed out to the rink to watch dad's game. I will try to post the video we took of the game, but it wasnot his best performance. He broke 2 sticks in one game. All in all it was a great night and it is always a great feeling to be at the temple. I was able to remind myself how blessed we are to have a temple so close and it was wonderful to hear my kids tell me of all the great blessings that come from attending the temple.

2 comments:

scrumches bunches said...

What a fun family home evening. It's always a good feeling and a great comfort to be on the temple grounds it helps you to put everything into perspective and to remember what is truly important.It reminds us what our journey here on earth is all about.
(forget all the worldly things they are not important just focus on your families eternal progression.

Aub said...

Glad that you guys got to go during your busy week.