Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I hope that I never have to say this again, but today I sent my baby off to war. Dman left this morning for Civil War Camp. They will be staying over night at Angel's Island. He is so excited. I was until I realized that he isn't at grandma's or over at a friends house. He is out on an island were it is going to be cold and dark. My mother instincts have kicked in and I want to go be with him. Dad actually signed up for the field trip but it is a lottery ( all the dads want to go on this one) . He was the 2nd alternate and therefore didnt get to go. Dman looks great in his outfit. They made up their unit name and made patches, flags, saches and little sachels. Each unit ( 4 kids) have to do a night watch shift. Dmans is from 12- 1 tonight. Let actually get to carry around muskets and patrol the island. I cant wait for him to get home and tell us all about it. He comes home tomorrow at noon. I'll have him blog his experience. Im sure that he will be tired and hungry.

2 comments:

Aub said...

How scary.....it'll be a great experience for him though.

Bradford Bunch said...

I would be freakin out toooo. GOod for him though.